Position: RN Telemetry
Location: Leominster, MA
Schedule: Nights and EOW (8hr or 12hr shift)
Rate: VERY Competitive! Please reach out today to connect about rates – A recruiter will gladly assist you.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals and works under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Provides direct patient care in a safe sensitive, timely manner according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs skills and procedures specific to the role proficiently in accordance with departmental competencies and procedures.
- Assists and responds to the needs of a patient population to provide a comfortable and safe environment. Duties may include, but are not limited to,:
- Responding to patients’ call signals promptly, taking proper action and follow up.
- Assisting with personal care (such as feeding, bathing, grooming, and dressing.)
- Providing patient help with repositioning, walking, exercising, and moving into and out of bed.
- Changing linens and cleaning rooms.
- Supports the processes of patient care provided by the medical team by performing various duties including, but not limited to,:
- Taking and recording vital signs in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Observing, recording, and reporting patients’ conditions, food and liquid intake and output, collecting samples, and reporting changes to professional staff.
- Supplying and emptying bed pans, applying dressings, supervising exercise routines, etc.
- May transport patients to treatment units, using a wheelchair or stretcher.
- Initiates, completes, and maintains medical records, department logs, unit/shift task lists and other documentation as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA BLS) certification
- Must have a current Massachusetts Registered Nurse License.
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Must be able to float between all IP units in hospital.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control guidelines, and sterile technique
- Ability to perform detailed assignments with minimal supervision and work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively as part of an efficient team
- Ability to always act in a respectful and professional manner even under stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and customer skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak clearly in English
- Critical care experience preferred so staff can float and assist in CCU as needed
- Minimum one (1) year of subacute or long-term care experience
Unless certification, licensure or registration is required, an equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed in this description may be substituted for the above requirements.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.