Position: RN – Pedi ICU
Location: Worcester, MA
Schedule: Days Every other to every third weekend (12s) Rotating to nights as needed no more than 50 percent of the time. Rotating every other to every third weekend.
Rate: VERY Competitive! Please reach out today to connect about rates – A recruiter will gladly assist you.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals and works under the direction of a registered nurse.
- Provides direct patient care in a safe sensitive, timely manner according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs skills and procedures specific to the role proficiently in accordance with departmental competencies and procedures.
- Assists and responds to the needs of a patient population to provide a comfortable and safe environment. Duties may include, but are not limited to,:
- Responding to patients’ call signals promptly, taking proper action and follow up.
- Assisting with personal care (such as feeding, bathing, grooming, and dressing.)
- Providing patient help with repositioning, walking, exercising, and moving into and out of bed.
- Changing linens and cleaning rooms.
- Supports the processes of patient care provided by the medical team by performing various duties including, but not limited to,:
- Taking and recording vital signs in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Observing, recording, and reporting patients’ conditions, food and liquid intake and output, collecting samples, and reporting changes to professional staff.
- Supplying and emptying bed pans, applying dressings, supervising exercise routines, etc.
- May transport patients to treatment units, using a wheelchair or stretcher.
- Initiates, completes, and maintains medical records, department logs, unit/shift task lists and other documentation as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- PICU experience. PALS. CPR.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control guidelines, and sterile technique
- Ability to perform detailed assignments with minimal supervision and work under pressure
- Ability to work effectively as part of an efficient team
- Ability to always act in a respectful and professional manner even under stressful situations
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and customer skills
- Ability to read, write, and speak clearly in English
- 3-5 years of PICU experience preferred.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.