RN, GERIATRIC MEDICAL-PSYCHIATRIC UNIT
Position: RN Geri IP Psych:
Location: Clinton, MA
Schedule: Days 7a-7p and EOW (8hr and 12hr shift; 36 HPW)
Rate: VERY Competitive! Please reach out today to connect about rates – A recruiter will gladly assist you.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for the planning, delivery and management of direct patient care using the nursing process and adhering to the standards of nursing practice within a specific unit or clinical area.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Nursing Process: Utilizes the nursing process for the delivery and management of patient’s care.
- American Heart Association BLS/ACLS, CPI certified, willing to float to Medical-Telemetry Unit as needed. Previous Tele experience is required.
- Involves patient, family/significant others and other disciplines in decision making related to the patient’s plan of care.
- Serves as a patient and family advocate.
- Implements interventions consistent with hospital standards of practice and prescribed medical plan of care and evidence based practice.
- Documents the patient assessment, plan of care, and response to intervention. Meets all unit documentation standards.
- Communicates and coordinates the patient’s plan of care to ensure continuity of care.
- Maintains competency in management of clinical emergencies.
- Provides complete communications in SBAR format (Situation, background, assessment, recommendations) to relieving staff members and demonstrates advanced planning for the patient.
Clinical Practice: Demonstrates/applies the skill and judgment necessary to implement the medical/nursing plan of care, nursing interventions and procedures necessary for the care of the patient.
- Bases clinical practice on evidence, unit guidelines, and professional standards to improve the quality of care and to guide clinical judgments.
- Demonstrates essential knowledge of pharmacology/medications in administering drugs and monitoring the patient’s response.
- Maintains competency with technology and equipment. Utilizes equipment in a safe manner.
- Uses appropriate infection control and safety practices in all duties.
- Acts as a charge nurse as requested by the nursing management team.
- Facilitates cooperative and collaborative relationships among the various disciplines and departments to ensure effective quality patient care.
- Works weekends, holidays and off-shifts as required by unit staffing needs.
Job duties for all positions:
- Demonstrates excellent work attendance and attends and actively participates in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to all customers.
- Maintains a collaborative, team relationship with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the group’s achievement of goals and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to provide care for a designated group of patients according to the unit guidelines and hospital policies, procedures and protocols.
- Ability to lead, guide and motivate staff.
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English.
Must be a graduate of a recognized school of Nursing
A Bachelor’s degree (BSN) in Nursing is preferred.
2-3 years of Nursing experience preferred.
American Heart Association BLS/ACLS, CPI certified.
Previous Tele experience is required.
An equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above, may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
Must have a current Massachusetts Registered Nurse License.
Certification in a nursing specialty desired.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.