We are seeking a highly capable medical-surgical nurse to join our team. In this role, you will be providing bedside care for pre-and post-surgery patients, monitoring vital signs, and administering prescribed medications.
To ensure success, medical-surgical nurses should possess extensive knowledge of various health conditions and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. An outstanding medical-surgical nurse will be someone whose expertise translates into exceptional patient care.
Medical-Surgical Nurse Responsibilities:
- Assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care plans in consultation with healthcare professionals.
- Evaluating medical information, as well as providing direct and individualized bedside nursing care to pre-and post-surgery patients.
- Preparing, administering and recording prescribed medications.
- Changing dressings, inserting catheters, and starting IVs.
- Adjusting specialized medical equipment as needed, as well as interpreting and recording measurements.
- Monitoring patients’ vitals and reporting adverse reactions to medications in a timely manner.
- Collaborating on discharge planning with the healthcare team.
- Answering questions and educating patients and their families on surgical procedures and post-surgery care.
- Maintaining and updating patient files, medical charts, and health records.
- Adhering to best nursing practices, standards, and protocols.
Medical-Surgical Nurse Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Certified MS-RN preferred.
- MA RN licensure.
- At least two years’ experience as a medical-surgical nurse in a similar facility.
- Competency in electronic patient management systems such as e-MDs Chart and Mediexcel.
- Extensive experience in monitoring a broad range of medical conditions.
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in medical-surgical nursing.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Superb interpersonal, communication, and collaboration abilities.
Precision Healthcare is a premier staffing agency in the travel nursing industry, and we are currently seeking highly skilled and motivated Traveling Registered Nurses (RNs) to join our team. If you are a hard-working professional looking to advance your career, we have many opportunities available across the country with competitive pay. Connect with us and let us help you take your next step in your career journey.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.