LPN Job Description: LPN – BH Correctional Center, Plymouth, MA
4 positions available – 13 Week Contract
2 – 8 or 16 hour shifts: 2p-10p or 2p-6:30a
1 – 8 or 16 hour shift: 6a- 2:30p or 6a-10:30p
1 – 8 or 16 hour shift: 10p-6:30a or 10p- 2:30p
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) plays a vital role in patient care by contributing to the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Working under the supervision of RN(s), the LPN provides direction and guidance in patient education and activities that align with their education and demonstrated competencies.
- Develop and implement effective systems for identifying, preventing, and controlling communicable diseases, while monitoring compliance with relevant regulations and guidelines.
- Conduct regular monitoring of the incidence of infectious diseases among inmates, including providing referrals for community follow-up and coordination of care after release.
- Promote a safe and healthy environment for medical staff, including conducting monthly safety and sanitation inspections of the facility.
- Develop and conduct infection control education and training programs for inmates and staff, while promoting the development of positive social skills.
- Maintain accountability for inmates and property and adhere to safety practices.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Prefer a minimum of one (1) year clinic experience
- Have and maintain current licensure as a Licensed Practical/Licensed Vocational Nurse within the state of employment.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain CPR certification.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.