We are looking for a compassionate and energetic Supervisory Physician for an urgent care center. If you are looking for the type of freedom and autonomy of practicing medicine in your own office, but without the heavy administrative burden associated with establishing your own practice, this is the best choice for you.
Family Practice, Internal Medicine, or ER doctors who passionately care for patients of all ages and enjoy the practice of medicine. This position is open to a Medical Director or a Physician who is looking to pursue a focus on patient care and grow into a leadership position.
Start Date: Feb/March 2024
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications: $180k – $225k + very competitive bonus structure.
Schedule: (Prefer someone onsite 3 days/week; 12 hours/day but will consider something outside of this). Monday to Friday with flexible shifts below:
- 10-hour shift
- 12-hour shift
- 8-hour shift
Why work here?
- Immersion into a culture focused on team dynamics, team-bonding, and shared passion for efficient cost-saving care
- Fabulous lifestyle medicine with encouragement on hobbies and social gatherings outside of work
- Competitive salary, weekends off, flexibility with scheduling
- Excellent bonus package based on productivity scores and patient satisfaction.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision Insurance.
- 401k / Simple IRA with employer match.
- FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
- Medical malpractice insurance covered
- Lead physician bonus
- Clinical Rounds for ongoing learning through company clinic cases
- CME subscriptions include up to date, and ECG weekly for full-time clinicians
Expectations of a physician
- Driven, focused, and personable to patients and staff alike
- Evaluate, diagnose, and treat in a patient-centric, evidence-based manner
- Comfortable seeing adult and pediatric patients
- Capable of interpreting EKGs, X-rays, and lab work
- Confident with bedside procedures such as laceration repairs, I&Ds, foreign body removals, joint injections/aspirations, and nail removals, and perform adequate anesthesia including digital and regional blocks.
- Be DOT-certified within 3 months of joining; and apply to be a Civil Surgeon to do Immigration Physicals
- Be efficient in triaging and managing high-volume patient flow
- Respond punctually and appropriately to labs and imaging results
- Communicate effectively with clinic managers, medical assistants, and technicians
- Provide top-notch care within the scope of your license while maintaining an outstanding level of patient satisfaction
- Be approachable and recommended by patients for future care
- Garner favorable social media reviews as a testament of your excellence as a trusted provider
- Must be within commutable distance
Role as a lead physician
- Serve as the role model for APPs and new physicians who join the team in areas of clinic and professional excellence
- Act as the “captain of the ship” when on shift, and maintain your professional cool in times of stress
- Supervise APPs by being available for questions and guidance
- Available as a resource for interested provider candidates thinking of joining the team
- Discuss ways of resolving patient complaints with clinic staff
- Perform chart audits on schedule
- Attend administrative meetings when they arise
- Educate fellow physicians and APPs on technical skills and up-to-date, current clinical knowledge
- Take on quality-improvement projects and implement new clinic protocols
- Take turns running weekly meetings with the rest of the provider team
- Adaptable to company changes by working closely with the Medical Director and the Board.
- BC/BE MD or DO – Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Emergency Medicine, or all-ages Primary care with procedural proficiency
- Current, unrestricted medical license to practice in the state of Connecticut Unrestricted Connecticut DEA license to prescribe controlled substances
- BLS or ACLS-certified
- Solid experience in ER, urgent care, or fast-paced primary care
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
To apply for this job please visit jobs.crelate.com.